Friday, June 6, 2008

Summer School

I cannot believe I survived the first week of summer school! I am taking World Studies, Monday-Thursday, June 2nd-26th, 7:00am-3:pm. ONE CLASSROOM FOR 8 HOURS!! I feel like I am back in elementry school. One day of summer school is equivalent to one week of regular school. Every day I take a test, not a quiz-a test, on what I learned the day before. Every night I have a study guide, a few worksheets, and a 500 word essay, DUE the NEXT day. Yes. Literally, I feel like I learned what I did the day before, a week ago. Which is actually kinda accurate. What I've Learned in a Week-
Monday: Early Civilization
Tuesday: The Greek Empire
Wednesday: The Roman Empire
Thursday: The Chinese and Indian Empires
Now, you may be thinking, well you really can't cover the Roman Empire in one day... let's do some math. If I would have taken World Studies in normal school, I would have it 1 hour a day, 5 days a week. That's 5 hours total a week. In normal class, we would use a week to cover each empire. Now, I am in class for 8 hours, learning about 1 thing. That is WAY more time than a regular school week. In my mind, I've been in school for a month. For homework this weekend, I have to do a project. My mom reminded me of this when I started writing this.


PS. Just like 10 minuted ago, I found a family tree on a hair. My spit end, had a split end, who had a split end, who had a split end. My first split end was a great-great split end.

3 comments:

Heather said...

cute blog ken! A teenage blog, I am sure you will keep us entertained! Good luck with summer school! A few more weeks and your done.

Mig said...

Cute blog Kendree

Love morgan

Victoria Renae said...

i love the split end family tree thing- hilarious!