Friday, June 20, 2008

GUM SMACKER

So everyone knows that I am in summer school right? Well, in my class there are alot of people I have never met before. The GPS summer school enrolled Mesquite High, Highland High (our ultimate rivals!), and my school, Desert Ridge. Well lucky for me, there is only one other kid that goes to DRHS in my class. Everyone else attends HIGHLAND (which secretly I wish I went there and hopefully I can go there Junior and Senior year) so there is alot of playful arguing about which school is better and alot of school spirit. Which is actually quite funny because on regular spirit day at school, NOBODY dresses up in their Jag Gear. The bathrooms have teal and black marker all over them saying "Highland Rocks Hawks" and then with a red marker, "rocks" is crossed out to say "SUCKS". So about 100 times in the girls bathroom says...
" Highland SUCKS Hawks"
Huh. So now you might be wondering why the heck this is titled GUM SMACKER. Is it because I stepped in a huge pile of fresh gum yesterday and was literally stuck to the ground? Nope. The reason for this title is that there is a certain Highland boy who sits behind me in class... AND HE IS THE BIGGEST GUM SMACKER I HAVE EVER HEARD!!!!!! I swear he just enjoys listening to himself chomp because it seriously is amazingly obnoxious. He even does it in a pattern, super fast, than slow, really loud, then hardly noticeable. I am sitting there in class trying to learn about the French Revolution or whatever, and I was shuddering! I was trying to plug my ears or something, but unfortunately I don't have 3 arms to plug my ears and take notes 25 mi/hr. I'm pretty sure my teacher noticed because she moved him another row behind me and moved this really cute Highland boy behind me. Did this help? Yes. But he is so loud, that I can still hear him. ugh. I kinda want to talk to this new kid behind me, so I'm thinking I'm going to turn around and say...
Do you have a hard time concentrating?
-huh?
With the gum smacker behind you?
-haha I try to ignore it.
Ha well I'm lucky she switched you two because I was pulling out my hair.
-haha
Have fun with that :D
Now of course I haven't talked to him yet so that's just how I imagine it to be.
If I ever do say anything to him.
PS. If this was kind of hard for you to understand I'll inform you that
+Desert Ridge High School or DRHS we are the Jaguars and we are red and black
+Highland High School or HHS are the Hawks and they're teal and black

11 comments:

Jolene said...

Kendree - I can totally hear your voice telling this story while I read it on your blog. You are AWESOME! How many more days of summer school? Nicole will be so glad when you can come to the summer movies and sit by her!

Kendree Brinae said...

Ha! I only have Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and my Final on Thursday, and I can leave after I finish it! YESSSSSSSS. Last week feels good. I am excited for the movies too! It was so lame when I'd call my mom and she'd be in there with you guys. :D

The Weights said...

Kendree- Your blog is adorable and so are you! The gum smacker story made me laugh, you are so funny. I just wanted to leave a little comment and tell you how much I love you! I'm so glad I got to follow you around everyday at camp, and get to know you better.
love,
sister weight

Courtney said...

That is so funny! My mom complains alot about gum smackers too. She freaks out when we chew too loud at dinner. It is funny to do just to annoy her. I love reading your blog.

Kendree Brinae said...

Courtney you naughty girl!


hehehe

Deana & Ryan Bitter said...

I love reading your blog babe... even if I have heard the gum smacker story 3 times! I love you a million green M&Ms! :)

Hillary said...

Hey Kendree,
We love your blog! Your stories are awesome and always make me laugh. I enjoyed reading them today. I love the way you talk, it makes me laugh! You are always so happy!! Love, Hillary

Victoria Renae said...

ha, courtney you were just telling me your mom hates gum! kendree, you are hilarious. now whenever i hear the phrase, "gum smacker" i will always think of you!

Shannon said...

Hey Kendree - I love you blog! You are so funny! Ever since Samantha got braces she smacks her gum and I am constantly telling her to shut your mouth! It kinda sounds bad when you write it down. We need to go to the gym again, it is no fun alone.

Unknown said...

I love your blog!!! I have to say that I do smack my gum ever since I got braces!! But I can totaly picture what you are saying. See you tonight!

Todd, Kari, Anna and Gracie said...

Hello!

This is ashley from thecutestblogontheblock.com! I happened upon your blog from one of my friends blogs, anyhow, I see that your blog is missing one of my cute free teen backgrounds! You may want to go to my website and check them out, there's some really cute ones!

Ashley - TCBOTB