Thursday, July 10, 2008

Ouch.

NAME: BITTER, KENDREE
ACT #: 7116
DOB: 05/25/93 AGE:15
DR: PROR, SHEPHERD G MD
DOS: 07/09/08

This is what my NVSC (North Valley Surgical Center) patient tag looks like. Yes, I had surgery yesterday. When I was like 8, my cousin accidentally hit me across the face with a remote control while watching "Joe Millionaire". This explains my upside-down question mark nose. Since then, I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO BREATHE THROUGH MY NOSE, AT ALL, PERIOD!! Can you even imagine how annoying that would be?? Turns out when I got hit, she not only broke my nose, she completely shattered my cartilage. So when we went to the UCC, they said that that couldn't just reset it because it wasn't just my nose bone. They said that I would need total reconstructive Rhinoplasty when I was about 14 or 15. so yesterday, I went under the knife for about 4 hours in reconstructive surgery. Yesterday I wasn't in THAT much pain because I was still really doped up, but today I am in quite a bit of pain. I am taking Viccoden every 4 or 5 hours and I am still dyin here. I have received visits from a few people in the ward and stuff so that has been really nice. I just wanted to get on and let people know that I DID NOT do this because I am materialistic and I wanted a new nose. I was totally fine with my nose except it was completely useless. I mean I could hardly smell through it. So I just wanted to get on and let you guys know that and also let you know that my mom will be posting every day pix of me on her blog, so if you really want to see the swelled up, purple and black, casted, faced me, then check it out on her blog. :D

6 comments:

Deana & Ryan Bitter said...

Kendree my sweet girl, anyone who KNOWS you, knows that you are not vain and materialistic! You're beautiful - and now you have a nose that you can breathe through! Yeah!You're a troopa!!!

Jolene said...

Kendree - You are a beautiful person inside and out! We were thinking about you on Wednesday, Nicole prayed for you too! We hope you are feeling better soon! Would a Bahama Bucks help?

Heather said...

Ken, glad your suvivin' I am sure this isn't fun! Just think of how well you will be able to breathe soon. Get your rest!!!

Heather said...

oops, I meant to say "survivn" not suvivn, I should proof read BEFORE I publish my comments!

Victoria Renae said...

oh my gosh! I had no idea! you are awesome kendree- i can't imagine not being able to breathe through my nose. As edward put it, it is apparently "a bit uncomfortable!"
you're in our prayers!

Courtney said...

Kendree i feel so bad for you!